Due: August 1st, 2022
MOHA’s Emerging Scholars Award is a postsecondary award presented every year at the MOHA Annual Conference. The award-winning scholar will receive an award certificate, a one-year membership in the MOHA, a check for $250, and complimentary registration to the following year’s annual conference.Download a fillable PDF Copy of the Form (Requires Adobe Reader 11 or later)
Download a Microsoft Word Copy of the Application Form.
Criteria for the award are:
- The scholar has incorporated an innovative strategy for the use of oral history; and/or successfully implemented an existing strategy for doing oral history; and/or used oral history in print or other medium to enhance learning.
- The scholar’s work is a model for the use of oral history.
- The scholar has demonstrated familiarity with both oral history scholarship and the literature relating to oral history.
- The project adheres to appropriate standards for historical research and interpretation, oral history interviewing, preservation of recordings (and transcripts, where applicable), and presentation.
- A cover page with all necessary contact information.
- A one-page statement describing both the scholar’s goals relating to the use of oral history and the details of the oral history project the scholar has developed.
- Supporting materials such as, transcripts, press releases and other promotional material, publications, media productions, et cetera.
- A nominating or supporting letter from a professor describing both the scholar’s use of oral history and the rationale for nomination.
Please submit all nominations to:
Dr. Russ Magnaghi
Professor of History Emeritus & University Historian
Northern Michigan University
148 & 149 Gries Hall
1401 Presque Isle Ave.
Marquette MI 49855-5301